Monday, July 23, 2007

Jam packed weekend

Wow! What a weekend I have had. It actually started on Thursday in Arlington. Matt's company was having a three day meeting there and so we had a hotel room by the ballpark. So Thursday after work I drove over there. That evening while the men were in a dinner meeting, myself and one of the other wives went to dinner. Michelle and I went to TGIFridays and had a great time. She is 9 months pregnant and so ready to have her baby girl. It was fun to get to visit and catch up with her. Then off to the hotel. Matt and I somehow got a suite. It was super nice. The next day I went to work and Matt went to meetings. Friday evening his company had a suite at the Ranger game. We were treated to some excellent free food and drinks.I am usually not a huge fan of these events where I have to mingle with people I don't know. But I really enjoyed this one. I visited with lots of other wives and several of his coworkers. I also met someone who is a true Dave Matthews lover like me!!! Not everyone will understand this obsession. Our group ended up shutting down the ballpark. Someone actually had to come to tell us we had to leave! Saturday was busy as well. I slept in and then went home to mow the lawn and get the house clean. It had been awhile for both and it was beginning to gross me out. That evening a few couples from our small group went to Chili's and to the Mesquite Rodeo. A special event at the rodeo that night was Whiplash. It was a cow dog and a monkey. The monkey was all dressed up like and cowboy and rode the dog while the dog corralled sheep into pens. It was hysterical! We had a great time. I love my church and the friends I have made there. Then on Sunday I worked a tournament at Northwood with my friend Martha Ann. It was a ladies team tennis tournament. It was one busy day at the club. By the time I got home I was exhausted and was ready for some much needed sofa time. I only got a few hours of that because then we were off to McKinney to hang out with Leah and Bryan Beck. We went to their house for burgers and then we went bowling. I had one of my best games ever. I bowled a 168! Go me! But the next game was not near as high Oh well, I was proud of the first. So it was a super busy weekend but a super fun one! I definitely need a rest. However, I won't be getting one because this week at tennis camp we have 56 kids!! YIKES! So be thinking about me and my sanity. I will leave you with some pics from the weekend.


At the ranger game. They lost but I didn't! I had a great time.
Whiplash the famous cowboy monkey!!
The girls (Brooke, Lisa, Me, Sara, and Katie) The boys didn't seem to interested in posing for a picture.

Bryan, Leah and Matt. Leah just bowled her first strike of the game!!!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Reading your post makes me a.) wish I lived in Dallas to hang out with you fun people! and b.) a little bit wistful for the pre-Casen days when I could have weekends like that!

Laura said...

It looks like you had a fun weekend! I miss going to Ranger games, I bet that was fun! I used to work right across the field in the bank of america building and remember going with Matthew when we first started dating, good memories!

Wendy said...

Andi, where are the pictures/blog of your fun Abilene weekend??