Friday, July 6, 2007

Happy 4th of July

Matt and I had a great 4th of July celebration. It actually started the night before. We had a sleepover with Claire and Caroline. We got to their house just in time to watch Parent Trap with them. When I say watch, I just mean that the tv was on. We had a great time visiting and giggling! The next morning it was up early to go get ready for the parade. Claire and Caroline rode their bikes in the first part. Carrie and I walked beside them to refill the candy baskets!

After a short ride, we found Matt and Russ and watched the rest of the parade together. It was a lot of fun waving my flag and cheering. We also collected a good amount of candy and goodies from the different floats. Claire's favorite float was the bubble float. Mine were all the floats with the puppies! Imagine that!

After the parade Matt and I went home to rest for awhile. We met back up with everyone that evening for dinner and fireworks at the country club. I have to say that this has been one of my best 4th's in a long time. Thanks to Carrie, Russ, Caroline and Claire for sharing the fun with us!

1 comment:

B-DUB said...

your celebration looks like tons of fun! you have two really sweet nieces- miss claire and coyote caroline!