Sunday, September 9, 2007

I love weekends in Abilene

Yes, this post is way overdue. I forgot how tired the first of a school year can be. But here are some photos of a super fun time several weeks ago. Matt and I went to Abilene with our friends Jeff and Lisa Goolsby to see some more friends Wendy and Scott Kilmer and their son Casen. We had a blast! We all wish we could hang out together more. But we treasure the times we are together.
Here we are swimming at the Barnard's pool. What a relaxing afternoon, soaking in the sun!
Matt and Scott the grillmasters! Cooking up some steaks, corn, and zuchinni. Delicious.


And then the okra masters, Jeff and Lisa. I have to say I have never been a fan of fried okra but this was incredible! Way to go top chefs!
And of course, our usual after church lunch at Fugi's. You can't beat it. We had a super time and cannot wait for the next time we all get to be together. Maybe it will be in Dallas next!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I love it when you guys come to Abilene too! Thanks for being our official photographer -- I love the pics!

My {Oh} My Musings said...

hi friend!! oh how i do miss good ol' abilene!! we have some great memories there don't we? mostly tennis memories...but GOOD ones! i still laugh at some of them today...like the one at mcdonalds and your car almost going through the building!! remember that? omg. well..i hope you are loving teaching again...let me know how it is going! 5th grade right? tell matt i said hi....miss yall!

April said...

Hey Andi! We caught wind that your sister was lurking our blog, and I checked hers out and saw the link to yours. You look like you are doing great! Please tell your mom I said howdy! - april (connell)roche