Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A 'Wicked' Weekend


Matt and I had a great weekend. Friday, I worked in the morning but had the afternoon off. I was contemplating what we were going to do for the night. I had planned a boring night in, when the phone rang. The Bryan's from church were calling to see if we wanted to go to dinner and to the musical Wicked. Of course we wanted to go!! We met Brant and Melita at Ferre in the West Village for dinner. It was a lot of fun getting to know them. He is an elder at our church and one of his daughters went to ACU. They are some of the most fun and generous people we have been around. After dinner it was off to Wicked. It was so good. Matt and I both love musicals. It was very interesting how they depicted the lives of the witches. Saturday was another busy day. We both got up early. Matt to go play tennis and me to go to a job fair. Most of you know that I did not teach this year. However, to my surprise I have really missed it. So off to find a job. That afternoon we both took a break on the sofa until we got a call from Carrie and Caroline. They wanted us to come to dinner with them a Mi Cocina. If you know Matt, he will never turn down dinner at MiCo!! Carrie surprised me with a Bobby Brown makeup pallet. I have been wanting to try there makeup. And I love it. I may have to convert!!! Then we watched the Stars tie up the series 3-3. It was a great game. We love to watch Dallas sports.
Sunday- I thought this was a day of rest. Not for us. We went to church Sunday morning. The adult classes have been studying the Psalms. And to conclude our study a Jewish lady came and played and sang some of the psalms. She played a harp that was made to model the ones played by the Levite priests. It was a moving experience to hear the Psalms in another way. After church we went our with the Goolsbys. We had not seen them all week and were in desperate need of some Jeff and Lisa time. That afternoon there was a Unity service with over 30 church of Christ churches. It was a time of praise and worship. So cool to see an arena fill up with such different backgrounds of believers. Then a group of us, Kasey, CP, Jeff, Lisa and me and Matt, went to have some good mexican food at Cristina's. Out of the blew Matt and I have both become guacamole lovers. We can't get enough of it. We had some great conversation. We were there for almost 3 hours.

Random: This weekend I saw my old principal from Hutch Middle School two times!! I never thought i would see him again. First I saw him at the Garland ISD job fair. He now works at one of the high schools. And then I saw him at the Unity Service. He preaches at a bilingual church in town. Pretty cool! It is a small world.

6 comments:

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I just caught up on your blog. First off, I need some Jeff Goolsby time. :) Music Major days..oh the joys. You remember my keyboard playing freshman year. :) And, Casey Mac! Oh me, I miss that kid!!! We were good friends freshman year. I don't know his sweet wife! Tell them all I said hello!! I haven't quite decided if I've missed teaching. Although, I think subbing has made me think twice about going back. Ugh. Good luck with your hunting!! And, finally, I love your dogs. Peter and I are dying for a dog!!! But, much to my dismay, this 753 sq. ft. apartment isn't holding an 80lb lab! ugh!

Wendy said...

Jealous, jealous, jealous...I want to come hang out!

Wendy said...

And, also, the Bryans, I'm guessing, are Brooke's parents? I think I met them once when I was at their house before Brooke and I (and seven other friends) went to Paris.

Laura said...

I saw Wicked this weekend too! It is soooo good, we loved it! Glad you had a great weekend and things are going well!

the thorntons said...

I found your blog via Laura's, so to avoid being a "blog stalker" I'm just checking in to say HI and that I've enjoyed catching up with everything going on with you. I actually keep up with you via the Austin Elementary grapevine through our moms sometimes, but I just wanted to say hey!
~Sarah (Jones) Thornton :)

Gayle said...

You have the best husband in the entire world. I hope you realize how truly wonderful he is.