Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A much needed vacation

Well, after a string of bad luck Matt and I decided it was time for some quality time together. (Spent on a beach!!) We both took a week off and crossed the border to Playa Del Carmen. We went to an all-inclusive resort, the Royal Hideaway. I have never been more relaxed in my life. Nothing beats lying on the beach or by the pool with a good book and someone waiting on your every need. I started the Harry Potter books seeing as the last one is coming out soon. I didn't want to be left out of all the fun! Spread throughout our busy days of laying out we found time to play tennis, do water aerobics, and use a catamaran. It was a hard life but somebody had to do it!Well, I thought we had come to Mexico to get away from our bad luck but boy was I wrong! We decided to take a walk along the beach. But if you are keeping up with post hurricane news you will already know that the tides have changed due to the storms and are eroding the sandy beaches at a fast rate. So during parts of our walk we had to venture into the water. We had made it down past a few resorts and decided to turn back. But all of a sudden a HUGE wave knocked my feet out from under me and threw me into a rock under the water. I felt shooting pain up my legs. I just started moving as fast as I could for the beach. You can see where this is headed. Needless to say I ended up the the Mexican emergency room with 7 stitches on the bottom of my big toe!! I couldn't get my foot wet for the next two days so I spent my time laying out and reading while Matt took the catamaran out by himself. All in all it was a great trip and we can't wait to go back. In several years of course (it drained our pocket books)!

4 comments:

Coralyn Happel said...

OH Andy.. I am sorry about your toe! I am glad you guys could get away.... We have been thinking about you guys a lot recently... Please know that we love you and we have been praying for you!

B-DUB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B-DUB said...

i love this! i have downloaded and added the pictures of you and matt to my screensaver slideshow at work and am reminded of two of my life's best blessings throughout the day.

Wendy said...

Love the pictures of you guys in Mexico, but seriously, Matt is 28 years old -- when is he going to figure out a better way to smile for pictures?? ;)