Sunday, May 6, 2007

White Rock and Roll 5 mile

My first official race. Most of you know that I have enjoyed running for some time. I used to run religiously but have slacked off in the recent years. I just recently became motivated again. So when I saw a race coming up this weekend I decided to go for it. I figured it would either keep me motivated or do the opposite. Well, it worked. I totally enjoyed the race. Except the beginning where there are way to many people all trying to push ahead to get to the front. Along the course were bands playing at about every mile. Some were pretty good, while a few were not so good for my taste. There were also cheerleaders from high schools there doing cheers. "Keep those legs moving! You can do it! Go Runners!"I was excited because I met my goal. I ran the race right at an 8:30 pace. And of course my biggest fan, Matt, was waiting at the finish line. What a great way to start a Saturday morning.


Me waiting at the start line.

And they're off!!! I finished!!

One last picture to mark the event.

1 comment:

allyo said...

Hey Andy-Congrats on the race...where was it? My friend and I ran a half marathon last year (I was 12 weeks pregnant). It was an amazing feeling to come across the finish line and realize all that I had just accomplished. Now that Camden is here, we have had a much harder time fitting in all our runs. We are planning on running in White Rock in December. We should meet up sometime for a run. Keep up the good work...you look great!

MAV