Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's started again!

The training begins again! I have decided that I am officially obsessed with the idea of training, and here are my best buddies! Well, they probably won't make it the entire training regimen but, they have gotten me started. I ran my first official long run on Saturday and it went pretty good. At about mile 8 with 1 to go I stopped and walked two steps and out loud I yelled at myself NO, KEEP GOING and I did!! It was a good feeling.I took a break from running after the Disney marathon in January and the Austin marathon in February but I am ready to go again.
My sister and I are running the Nike Women's Marathon in October! It will be so much fun getting to do this with Kristin. Then if my body can handle it, I may join a group of high school friends in the San Antonio marathon in November.
Secretly (what I love most about running is that I don't feel guilty when I eat chips and queso and things like that!!!)

3 comments:

My {Oh} My Musings said...

you mean you ARE going to join us in nov!!!!!!! puuuuulease!!

Nancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy said...

Andi,
I'll see you on the streets of Abilene! I've not run since my
marathon in San Diego 4 years ago, but I'm starting again so I can run in San Antonio! Went by your new house today on my first run out. I went 2.5 miles, which is way better than the 1/2 of block I made it when I began training the first time!(I found your link after reading about Jack on Sarah's blog; I deleted the first comment because I noticed a typo after I posted it. Unacceptable for an English teacher!)